Mayonnaise and creme fraiche-based salads are a staple of toppings of classical Danish open-faced sandwiches, unfortunately they are not very healthy because of the high fat content. Luckily there are alternatives that are much more healthy, and in my opinion can be a lot fresher and more delicious.
So try this delicious healthy summer salad with smoked cheese and skyr and you will not be disappointed.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Unripened smoked cheese 150 g
- Skyr Can be substituted with no-fat greek yoghurt 100 ml
- Freshly ground pepper
- Lemon juice
- Tomato powder 1 tsp
- Sukrin Whatever granulated sugar-free product you have available
- Radish 100 g
- Sugar-free pickled cucumbers 100 g
- Good rye bread 4 pieces
- Iceberg A nice leaf to put under the salad
- Whisk smoked cheese and skyr to a creme.
- Add salt, freshly ground pepper, lemon juice and sukrin to taste.
- Put the cucumbers in a sieve over your sink to let the pickle juice drip from the cucumbers.
- Wash and cut the radishes in thin slices.
- Cut the chives in small pieces.
- Mix cucumbers, radishes and about half of the chives in the creme and mix well.
- Serve on rye bread (toasted is great too) with a piece of iceberg underneath. Decorate with chives and a couple of pieces of radish. Enjoy.