Tuna salad is pure joy, but in the classic version it is drowning in mayo. Many probably love that, but it is not very healthy. The calories are going through the roof.
Here is my take on a healthy version of this salad. It has a lot of proteins and not very much fat. It is very filling and tastes absolutely gorgeous.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Medium red onion
- Pickled cucumbers 4
- Capers 2 tbsps
- Skyr Substitute with low-fat plain yoghurt 150 g
- Miracle whip light Substitute with a low-calorie mayo you have available 50 g
- Frozen peas 50
- Frozen corn 50 g
- Dijon mustard tsps
- Canned tuna in water 2
- Salt tsps
- Freshly ground pepper tsps
- Ryebread 4 pieces tsps
- Chives tsps
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the pickled cucumbers.
- Chop the capers finely.
- Drain the water from the tuna.
- Put onions, pickles, capers, skyr, miracle whip, peas, corn, mustard and tuna in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Serve on toasted ryebread with freshly cut chives on top. Enjoy.
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.