Chicken and mushroom pie is a wonderful savory pie. Crispy pastry on top, delicious thick sauce with lots of flavor underneath. Best of all, it is really easy to make.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Chicken Breast 500 g
- Mushrooms 200 g
- Spring Onions 6
- Frozen Peas 100 g
- Bacon Cubes 100 g
- Skyr You can substitute with low-fat yoghurt 2 tbsps
- Dijon Mustard 1 tbsp
- Corn Starch 2 tbsps
- Chicken Stock 500 ml
- Puff Pastry A sheet large enough to cover the pan you are making the dish in
- Beaten egg
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Turn on the oven at 200° C (400° F).
- Put a pan on the stove and turn it on to medium heat. Add the bacon and brown it.
- While the bacon is browning prepare the vegetables by cleaning and slicing them. Cut the chicken breasts in 1cm wide pieces.
- Once the bacon is brown, move it to the side and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and fry the chicken until they are fried on all sides.
- Add the stock, the corn starch, the skyr, and the mustard and give it a good stir.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and add the vegetables, the thyme and the parsley.
- Let simmer until the sauce has thickened and everything is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the finished sauce to an oven proof pan.
- Cover the pan with the pastry and fold the edges in over the pie and secure it at the sides by pressing it up against the pan.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- Cook in the oven until the pastry is deliciously golden and crispy and serve right away.
I am crazy about food, cakes, snacks and everything in between. I love to do tons of experiments to find the best recipe, so that you don’t have to.